Monday, January 14, 2008

Paris, Je t'aime...un peu

Paris Je t'aime is a collection of short films by a ton of great writers. Some of the stories are sweet, some are sad, and others are just rip your heart from your chest and burn it, kinda sad. I wish I knew what I was getting myself into with this movie. I'm all emotional and crazy because I quit smoking. I was crying for most of this movie. Some of the stories were very touching but there was always that bittersweet ending. I think there were two, maybe three stories that ended up being "happy".

They also neglected to have someone step in a pile of dog crap (it IS Paris, afterall) but I suppose dog crap has no place in cinema. The stories were fairly believable, but I really wish the Coen brothers would find someone else to feature in their movies. I love Steve Buscemi but unless he finds another face, we've seen what he can do already. Was that mean? It wasn't meant to be.

All in all, the collection of films was lovely but incredibly sad. The acting was wonderful. Everything felt very real. Sweet/sad, but pull out a hanky anyway. You'll need it.

No comments: